Thursday, October 25, 2012

A few updates:

1.  There is no coffee in our house. I'm pretty sure we have NEVER run out of coffee.  EVER.  This is not good.

2.  The prince took himself to the tux shop yesterday and rented his own tux for TWIRP.  I offered to go, but I believe his exact words were, "Mom, I've got this."  Sniff, sniff.  Can it be very long before he's ordering his own tux for his wedding.  (It better be a long time!!)  And yes, I still got to pay for the tux, just didn't get to go with him.  The good news is we can pick it up on Thursday and don't have to return it until Monday.  I mean HE gets to pick it up Thursday, and HE gets to return it Monday.

3.  You'll be glad to know that I was finally able to get my photos from Walmart.  I checked my "on line" status, which said they were done.  I went to Walmart, and sure enough, there they were.  :)  Thank goodness.  I didn't want to have to go all "western" on Walmart.  My guess is that there was a problem with the on-line part of the order but that the local Walmart didn't know that.  At least all is well now!  I know you were worried.

4.  And not to brag or anything, but so far this morning I have whitened my teeth, ironed a shirt, paid some bills, given the kids each $5 to feed themselves at the concession stand at Pack the Place in Pink tonight--it's a miracle I remember that one, boiled some pasta, cleaned out my email pile, and blogged.  And it's only 6:10 AM.  Gonna be a GREAT day people!!!  And by the way (cuz I'm not done bragging yet), I also made 9 batches of chicken pot pie filling last night.  I know.  I'm amazing.

5.  Speaking of amazing, did I tell you I changed my name?  At work I am now Annie Sullivan--the miracle worker.  Yes, it's true.  And I know about 5 teachers who will attest to it.  I got one kid to finish 9--NINE--English assignments the other day.  That might be a record for me!  I also got to holler at a kid for being a knucklehead (I hate it when kids work the system) and then right after that, as I was helping him with he vocabulary, I got to define "bellow" for him.  Trust me, the irony was not lost on me, but it totally went over his head!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no words.... Well, apparently I have a few. You're simply impressive. ;)

Mary Beth said...

Woo hoo! How productive are you? Better come motivate some people at my house.

J said...

There's just no stopping you today!

LizSkabe said...

When we got Matthew's tux, both of is parents were definitely in attendance.